Saturday, April 11, 2009

4.9.09

Today's show was a good one. A couple of studio glitches (mainly the delay on the studio monitor speakers) posed some difficulties, but not major. Still a solid show.

I decided to play some of my older tracks from my IDM/Experimental days mixed with some of my favorite leftfield tracks to create a different kind of atmosphere I never really thought about trying on air. Just to mess around with something different. The first 45-60 minutes or so reflect this.

But of course, the second hour of the show is dedicated to the grooves. So, I just got into the flow of mixing some tracks together from the HD. I threw in the classic Underworld "Dark and Long" remix from Sasha & Digweed because I have been feeling that track for years ever since I heard it on a mix on the WRCT station in the late nineties. Also, Trainspotting has been one of my quintessential favorites as far as movies is concerned since it came out.

Tracklisting:

Stereolab- Refractions in The Plastic Pulse
Stereolab- Miss Modular
Sect- Lush
Sect- Eisland
Autechre- Zeiss Contarex
Squarepusher- Plaistow Flex Out
Boards of Canada- XYZ
Gescom- Boogie Down Bronx
Luke Vibert- Countdown
Le Knight Club- Santa Claus
Debonair Samir- P.Y.T.
Boys Noize- My Head
Lady Gaga- Pokerface (Automatic Panic vs. DJ Cat NYC Remix)
Don Rimini- Let Me Back Up (Crookers Tetsujin Remix)
Machines Don't Care- Beat Bang (DJ Mujava Remix)
Machines Don't Care- Beat Bang (Original Mix)
Turntable Hype- I'll Bass You
The Whip- Blackout (Ashley Beedle Remix)
Underworld- Dark & Long (Sasha & Digweed Extended Remix)
Underworld- Boy Boy Boy (Switch Remix)
Diplo- Way More Brazil
DJ Tameil- Peanut Butter Jelly Time
SebastIAN- Walkman
Zombie Nation- Seas of Grease
Larry Tee- I Love U (Killer On The Dancefloor Baile Mix)
Nitzer Ebb- Fun To Be Had
Nitzer Ebb- Join In The Chant
DJ Tameil- Peanut Butter Jelly Time (BY REQUEST!!!)
Thomas Bangaulter- Love
Thomas Bangaulter- Ventura in the Tunnel

ZSHARE LINKAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment