Sunday, April 5, 2009

3.26.09

The March 26th show was a "farewell" of sorts, to my vinyl collection completely as I recently purchased a new laptop. My stance is 100% digital baby. So, I took the best records in my collection, filled the back of my car up, and headed towards CMU with the intents of taking the skills and selection abilioties that I had been honing on as of late with the best of my collection. I wish it was three hours, because I had more than enough vinyl for then. Needless to say, I think everyone out there will be able to dig this week's show.

Aloto of this is stuff that I've acquired in 10 years (!!!!) of collecting records. Interesting music from many talented producers, including my personal favorites.

I guess this leads into the beginnings of my fascination and eventual involvement in electronic music. I grew up in a family that was big on funk, disco, afrobeat, It was in 1997 when I was in Junior High school. I was thirteen years old and buying the best new electronic music cds from DJ Shadow, the Chemical Brothers, Daft Punk, Gus Gus, Underworld, Photek, and Aphex Twin. It wasn't until the rave scene began poppin' off in summer of 1998 that I really became obssessed with this music and this sound. the energy of the music the crowd, the styles. Plus, being a skateboarder and rolling in those circles, I eventually became introduced to these things because I was young and wildn out. I had the hip-hop mixtapes on lock, went to a couple of punk shows, but it really wasn't until I found THIS...that I became who I am now.

Alot of these records I came across from many great record stores in Pittsburgh located in oakland around the late 1990s, early 2000s. As well, from stores in Philadelphia, London, Spain, and Detroit. When I began spinning vinyl, it was in the spring of 2002. I actually decided to buy decks and a mixer and began to learn ho to blend tracks as well, mix, cut, scratch, etc. I have been DJing ever since and these are the songs and timeless pieces of music that have come into my life along the way. Everything from french house, downbeat, detroit, hip-hop, electro, minimal, big beat, and much more would just randomly come together in mixes in my basement where I stopped thinking in terms of genre and more in terms of rhythm and feel.


Sluta Leta- Whispers Special (Y2K Mix)
DJ Spooky- Haunted Beats Vol. 1 Side A
Afrika Bambataa and the Soul Sonic Force- Planet Rock
Man Parrish- Man Made
Polarius- Nemo Airfield
Estelle Montenegro- Man Makes Me Feel
Jazzanova- Days To Come
ADNY- We Are Svek
ATT- Side A
Essa- Under Construction (Reset Reconstruction)
Studio 1- Hellblau 1
Karl Zeiss- Luftbrucke (this record skipped so I had to throw it off)
Studio 1- Hellblau 2
Karl Zeiss- ???
Super Flu- Tripple Mapple
Pluramon- Fibonacci Express (Thomas Brinkmann Remix)
Thomas Schumacher- All Due Respect
Martin Venetjoki- Answer
DJ Pierre- Break It Down b/w Daft Punk- Revolution 909 Roger Sanchez Edit Accapella
Daft Punk- Revolution 909
B. Original- Deep Roots (Marco Fabriani Edit)
Zvrukboda- Ako
Davide Squillace- Do
Wamdue Project- Where Do We Go From Here? (Armand's Last Tango in Paris Mix)
Anna Kaufen- Who Cares?
Alan Braxe- Vertigo (Original Mix)
Daft Punk feat. Romanthony- Too Long
Louis Digital and Laszlo Kovacs- New Position

Zshare Link

No comments:

Post a Comment